Read more for The Pier’s response to COVID-19
Important Message re: COVID-19
We are delighted to be accredited with Failte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter. When you see this symbol, rest assured that the hotel is a safe place to visit and work in.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The Team’s Responsibility
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- Team Members will maintain social distancing guidelines with both guests and other team members at all times
- Team members will ensure highest level of hygiene at all times, washing hands frequently throughout the day
- Team members will disclose any illness or possibility of inability to work due to illness regardless of how mild symptoms may be.
- Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
- provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated HSE & WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees.
- All guests are asked to maintain HSE guidelines and maintain social distance from staff and other guests at all times. Posters will be on display in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Face coverings are now compulsory in all public areas of the hotel. All guests are required to wear face coverings in public areas in line with Government guidelines, protecting the health and safety of guests and staff.
- Guests are required to inform a staff member, if feeling unwell at any stage throughout their stay or if a temperature develop is present or develops.
- An express service for check out will be provided by asking guests to process payment on arrival to allow a speedy check out without queues forming
- The hotel will operate on a reduced occupancy level to adhere to Government guidelines, allowing a safe space for social distancing
- Masks -Medical masks available for purchase for any guests who wish to avail of them
Accommodation & Cleaning
Our guests safety is of utmost importance, we have procedures in place to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene are met.
Procedures for Cleaning Bedrooms
- Guest bedrooms and bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- Door handles & doors will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- All linen and towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
- Bedrooms will be sprayed with sanitiser after cleaning
- Please be advised all bedrooms will take additional time to clean ensuring all bedrooms are santised to the highest standard. Due to additional procedures, unofrtunately we cannot guarantee an early check in and ask all of our guests to be patient with us.
Public Areas & Cleaning in the hotel
- Hand sanitiser will be available in various points throughout the property
- Management team will check all public areas
- All public areas will be deep cleaned on a daily basis
- Elevator and Elevator buttons will be cleaned and sanitised daily
- All door handles & handrails will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- All linen & towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
- All public areas will be routinely (at regular intervals) be sprayed with sanitiser